Tor and the Dark Web §
Doesn’t Tor enable criminals to do bad things?
[…] So yes, criminals can use Tor, but they already have better options, and it seems unlikely that taking Tor away from the world will stop them from doing their bad things. At the same time, Tor and other privacy measures can fight identity theft, physical crimes like stalking and so on.
The Silk Road: 2011–2013. $100M in business.
Ross “DPR” Ulbricht. Agorism.
- money laundering
- computer hacking
- conspiracy to traffic narcotics
- attempting to have six people killed
motion to suppress evidence (4th amendment). appeal denied.
Tesla Autopilor deaths §
- Jan 2016, driver killed in China
- May 2016, driver killed in Florida, US
- 2021, driver killed in Texas, US